Brian W. Banasiak, a skilled negotiator and trial lawyer, has devoted approximately 24 years of his law practice representing individuals injured due to negligence of others. During that period, Brian has amassed more than $35 million in settlements and verdicts.
In 1977, Brian received a Bachelor’s Degree from Seton Hall University and completed his JD in 1981 from Gonzaga University School of Law. He has been a member of the NJ Bar and Federal Court since 1982.
After graduating law school, Brian served as a Law Clerk for two Superior Court judges in Union County. During work breaks, he learned much watching portions of jury trials and listening to settlement negotiations.
For several years, Brian represented Union County in multiple types of administrative matters before devoting his practice to personal injury litigation---first as an insurance defense lawyer (where he learned thought processes of insurance claims personnel)) and then as a plaintiff’s personal injury trial attorney with, for several years, a secondary practice in municipal and commercial litigation.
The following are a sample of notable results on cases which Brian has handled over the past several years:
- $750,000.00 for a client who suffered multiple heel fractures in a motor vehicle accident. The initial settlement offer on the case was $100,000.00
- $580,000.00 for a truck driver who suffered leg fractures while unloading a truck on a company property. At the beginning of the case, there was no settlement offer because the company property owner denied fault.
- $235,000.00 for a client with a spinal injury requiring surgery who had been told by his prior attorney that there was no settlement offer because he “had no case.”
- $292,500.00 for a client who suffered neck and back injuries and required back surgery.
- $250,000.00 for a client who suffered a shoulder injury requiring two arthroscopic surgical procedures.
- $250,000.00 verdict for a client who suffered neck and back injuries which did not require surgery. The settlement offer before trial was $2500.00.
- $100,000.00 verdict for a client who suffered what the insurance company doctor deemed a temporary and minor neck sprain arising from a motor vehicle accident with no visible property damage, no hospital treatment and limited chiropractic treatment. The initial settlement offer was $5,000.00, and the settlement offer immediately before trial was $10,000.00.
Brian continues to devote himself to negotiating the best possible settlements for clients, and he is always willing to go to trial if the settlement offer is lower than the value attributable to the injury.